We all know that children are naturally curious. They are always learning new things, are intuitive and open toward everything they discover.
Everything and anything interests them. That’s why they want to know about everything and it is indeed a sign that their development is good.
What parents need to do is to help children develop their conscience, which will be a great means of getting spiritual experiences. Through these, they’ll learn about moral values and self-esteem.
Sure, parents want children have and familiar with good values in life. As parents, what can you do then? Here are 5 ways you can do to enrich their conscience:
- Listen when they talk. Sometimes your children ask questions that sound silly to adults, like “Mom, where does the sun sleep when the night comes?” Listen to them and answer seriously, “The sun doesn’t sleep. It shines in other places in the world.” By listening, children will feel that they get respect from their parents.
- Give good examples. What you say and do everyday reflect what you think about the world. If you say good stuff, your children will do the same. Children are great imitators. It’s important for you to say and do nice things anytime anywhere.
- Show happiness. Show and share all the happiness and positive energy and thoughts with the children. If you’re happy, they’re happy too. By doing this, the children will learn that life is enjoyable.
- Be flexible with your rules. Children should be informed about what they should do. However, always take notice on their development. There will be time when they can decide what they want to do. By being flexible with your rules, children will stay cheerful and expressive.
- Introduce them to nature. Tell them that all things happen in the world are connected to each other and that there’s a reason for it. For example, water is needed to irrigate plants and plants are food source for other living creatures.
Those 5 tips are actually easy to carry out. Just place yourself as your children’s parents and friends as well.
Remember one thing, no one can imitate you better than your kids! Once you do or say something bad, there’s a great chance that they will too!
Whatever you do, your children will do. Whatever you say, your #children will say. However you act, your children will act.@AnExpressiveMom
— Expressive Mom (@AnExpressiveMom) April 2, 2015
Connect With Me !