Parents are just busy people. And between working, parenting 2 kids, one teen daughter and a son with autism and ADHD, my plate is full. Relaxing is not easy as my mind is racing constantly, but I am finding by using these techniques I am falling asleep at night a bit easier.
1. Firstly, as much as I hate exercise, I force it. I use my glider for 15 minutes at night. Yes I have a lot of weight to lose but I am exercising as well to help myself fall asleep easier at night.
2. I watch some YouTube videos late at night that will not stimulate my mind. In fact relaxing music videos work well. I don’t recommend that you watch anything that will be too stimulating or else this will defeat the purpose. If being on the internet at all is too stimulating, then it is best to watch TV. Those late night shows with the volume set at a low setting help too.
3. In the winter, I find myself drinking hot tea with chamomile. Chamomile is an excellent alternative to relaxation.
4. I have a bedtime range that I set. When I notice that time approaching, I do all of my before-bed activities and then get into bed and open a book. Reading typically makes me tire quickly.
5. If am not feeling tired, I will throw on some relaxing music and burn some incense. Then, I focus on my thoughts and think about the good things that happened that day. I remind myself that whatever I am worrying about cannot be resolved right at that moment so there is no point in thinking about it.
6. As I focus on the positive thoughts, I will also pay attention to my breathing. This is one of the easiest ways to relax your mind and there will be much more to come on that subject as well.
And if you want to try something else to help, you can also get the best cbd oil for sleep.
The fact that I am getting more sleep for the most part by using these techniques is helping me manage my depression. If sleep is a struggle for you, try these!
Connect With Me !